About The Blake Group
Orlando Blake, PhD, CPT
As a licensed Unitive™ Coach, and Certified Performance Technologist (CPT), Dr. Blake’s more than 25 years of executive, consulting and coaching experience is uniquely diverse. His clients come from commercial printing, consumer products, food processing, healthcare, heavy engineering construction, government, utilities, entertainment, and defense.
Orlando is a Founding Fellow of the Institute for Professional Coaching Association at Mclean Hospital a Harvard Medical School Affiliate. He received his masters from the University of Southern California, with a specialization in applied behavioral sciences. He followed this with a doctorate and breakthrough research at Claremont Graduate University that discovered unique techniques to resolve disputes. Harvard has included his research in their study of critical moments in negotiation.
Orlando’s business experience includes senior executive positions for Warner Bros, Mercantile National Bank and Guess? Inc. After leaving corporate life, he provided key executive career services and personal coaching for Lee, Hecht, Harrison and Right Consultants in Southern California.
In addition to Dr. Blake’s nationally recognized consulting and coaching practice he was a consulting editor for Personnel Policy Manual™ and HRMatters™, and a columnist for the maquilladora-focused Twin Plant News™. Dr. Blake’s books include:
- Career On! Creating career clarity and confidence, and avoiding a career cul-de-sac.
- Life’s Path: make a choice that brings you happiness (1st edition)
- Leading the Total Quality Mission: aligning principles, practices & management
- Leading Continuous Improvement: building capability & commitment
- Leading Total Quality: management’s role in aligning leadership & total quality practices
- POWW! Mediation & Facilitation for HR Professionals
- POWW! Stop Fighting & Start Talking for Managers
- Investigations at Work: the art of fact-finding & investigating employee complaints
As a result of his commitment to human potential and performance improvement, he was awarded the experienced professional designation of Certified Performance Technologist (CPT) form the International Society for Performance Improvement (ISPI).
He is passionate about human development and strives always to ensure that every individual, team and organization he works with is able to achieve its short and long term goals.